This will be a short SWTOR Jedi Consular Class Review. The Jedi Consular is very powerful with the Force and is a fast and nimble warrior. They do not wear heavy armor, instead the wear robes and expect to deflect or parry and aggression with their double bladed lightsaber. They also use the Force to lift objects and throw them at their opponents. The Consular can spec for either tanking or dps. Their starting abilities are:
- Saber Strike: Deals weapon damage over 3 quick melee strikes.
- Project: Throws debris at a target. Weak opponents are stunned for 3 seconds.
- Meditation: Restores health and Force (cannot be used during combat)
- Revive: Revive an incapacitated player or companion.
- Weapon Proficiency Vibroswords: Able to equip single bladed vibroswords, conventional swords, and other bladed weapons
- Armor Proficiency Light: Able to equip light armor.
The Jedi Consular has 2 advanced classes, the Sage and the Shadow.
The Jedi Sage uses a single bladed lightsaber and has 2 main skill trees.
- Telekinetics: Focuses on improving their Force abilities for ranged dps
- Seer: Enhances the powers of the Force to heal and protect allies.
The Jedi Shadow uses a double bladed lightsaber and has 2 main skill trees.
- Infiltration: Masters of stealth and burst melee damage
- Kinetic Combat: Tank spec that uses the double bladed lightsaber to protect themselves and allies.
Both advanced classes share the Balanced skill tree which increases the Sage’s Force attacks and enhances the Shadow’s Force and lightsaber skills.
All the classes in SWTOR can have up to 5 companions who will act as their crew. They can be assigned to do various tasks such as craft items, gather resources and go on missions. The Jedi Consular companions are:
- Species: Male Trandoshan
- Planet: Tython
- Melee tank with heavy armor
- Uses Electrostaff or Vibrosword
- Crew skills: +5 Biochem Critical, +15 Archaeology
- Species: Female Mirialan
- Planet: Belsavis
- Melee DPS with light armor
- Uses Doublebladed Lightsaber
- AOE melee kit
- Crew skills: +10 Synthweave Efficiency, +2 Diplomacy Critical
- Species: Male Human
- Planet: Nar Shaddaa
- Ranged healer/techie with medium armor
- Uses a Pistol and Healing kit
- Special: Toggleable healing mode
- Crew skills: +10 Cybertech Efficiency, +10 Slicing Efficiency
- Species: Male Twi-lek
- Planet: Balmorra
- Ranged DPS with heavy armor
- Uses a Sniper Rifle and AOE damage kit
- Crew skills: +15 Investigation Efficiency, +1 Underworld Trading Critical
- Species: Male Human
- Planet: Hoth
- Ranged tank with heavy armor
- Uses a Blaster Rifle or Pistol and a tanking/taunting kit
- Crew skills: +2 Armstech Critical, + 2 Scavenging Critical
This was a quick SWTOR Jedi Consular Class Review to provide you with information that you can use to see if this is the type of character you would be interested in play with.